Thursday, June 22, 2006

Keyboard Thoughts CRIB

Living alone here in Manila is such a drag. Aside from my saliva and vocal cords not being utilized most of the time, I have encapsulated myself in a world around my computer, my blog, my studies, my coffee and my mug. I might sound like a hermit but I do go out. I miss Baguio and my family terribly. Back at home, I had it all coming to me... I didn't need to lift a finger. Right now, it's different. Very.

Now I know how it feels to be alone in a different place. This is still the Philippines but I just feel so alone and lonely. I wonder how I'll fair when I get to work abroad.

The pictures shows snapshots in my apartment. As you can see, it appears blank aside from the furniture.

I've learned so many things since I started living alone in an apartment here in Manila. While washing machines do the laundry for me back in Baguio, I have to do mine manually. I had to experiment on different detergent brands that's right for my clothes (and pocket) and which I found very effective.

Also, I learned to feast on noodles. Name any noodle and I am quite sure I've tried it. I can imagine the content of my stomach right now. No wonder I've gained so much weight. I also learned to waste my money on delivery services by fast food chains which are just a phone call away :P I've also tried experimenting on dishes to cook since I started staying here in Manila.

I also have to wash dishes, clean the bathroom, sweep the floor, dust the TV...

Floods are common here and I had to get used to that. For the first time in my life, I had to walk through flood water just to get to school or go home. I remember one time, there was a sudden rain fall, and I had to wait in the sari-sari store for an hour before I can go back home. Flood waters reached up to my waist.

I just have to get used to it though. While independence was my dream before, my situation right now reminded me of my family and how important they are to me.

No comments: