Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Immaturity of My Voice

I do not like my voice. Because I sound like a 16 year old girl. I want to have a mature voice like those who read nursery rhymes in my cassette tapes when I was a child.

While some find my voice cute and sweet (DAW), I often find it irritating to be referred to as a child with regards to my voice. I do not sound believable. I do not sound reliable. And I do not sound like a 24-year old!

My religion teacher in Saint Louis University in Baguio once commented on my voice. He said, "Why do you talk like that... Parang bedroom voice!" Of course, I didn't know what to answer and instead, shouted my answer so everybody else can hear.

When my father calls, he mistakes me for our bunso.

I do not know how to make my voice mature enough to be believable as a 24 year old... tsk tsk

No comments: