Sunday, July 02, 2006

Self-Interview... Perhaps not yet...

Deal honestly and objectively with yourself; intellectual honesty and personal courage are the hallmarks of great character. - Brian Tracy

My friend who visited my blog asked me why I didn't speak much of myself here. She said I should introduce myself to my audience through a self-interview which I can post as one of my entries.

At the back of my mind, I was declining simply because I do not even know if visitors actually read my entries. It's funny actually, there have been more than 300 visitors since last month and yet, I have received only 3 comments. Obviously, a few are really reading my posts. I mean, my entries are the windows to my personality. Now, if no one will read entries, will they actually have an interest on who is writing them?

Many of the things that people I meet in the web know about me are collected in an automatic blog which I call Friendster. Particularly, the testimonials. My friend once told me that testimonials in friendster had no significance to him because it was a way of presenting the person as an angel. No one will talk bad about you. And vice versa. Thus, your personality can not be accurately gauged.

Me thinks not. I've always believed that when you are talking about people, present them as people of great quality. Emphasize the good points and do away with the bad things. Unless, otherwise called for. I do that.

Well, so much for my friend's suggestion... Maybe a self-interview would only be possible if people actually have interest in you. Otherwise, your entry is just like an old house slowly collecting cobwebs and dust.

1 comment:

wilen5185 said...

baby nabasa ko nrin self interview mo.ngak.very proud me sau.i lav u baby.sna ok k lng jan.study hard and stay what u are.take care..